Michel Kee Partner
Personal quote / vision
There is a growing demand for advice and support in the field of (corporate) governance, risk management, internal control, compliance and internal audit, both in the private and public sector. With the extensive experience that I have had the opportunity to gain 'in business', I stand for a GRIC service approach characterized by: 'business sense', 'teamwork' and 'pragmatism'.
- My expertise lies in the field of internal audit and together with the Mazars GRIC team I support clients in setting up, transforming and performing (co/outsourcing) internal audit activities.
- In addition, I have broad experience in the areas of corporate governance, risk management, internal control frameworks, compliance frameworks, ethics programs etc.
Specific client experience
- During my 16 years at KPMG, I have served many clients from small to large and across multiple industries. Specific experience I have gained in the financial sector, for both banks and insurers and spent 3 years working within the Financial Services Market Group.
- The 16 years of 'in business' experience I gained in the sectors: Consumer Products (Heineken), Transport & Logistics (TNT) and Oil & Gas (Orpic/Oman).
- In my leadership roles I have also gained valuable international experience and worked with different cultures.
Education and work experience
- 1984 - 1989 | Nivra | RA, Economics and Audit.
- 1984 - 1997 | KPMG | Junior auditor to Senior manager.
- 1997 - 1999 | Nolan, Norton & Co. | Senior manager.
- 1999 - 2000 | KPMG | Senior manager.
- 2000 - 2009 | Heineken | Head internal audit.
- 2009 - 2013 | TNT Group / Express | Director audit.
- 2010 - present | The institute of internal auditors | Board member to Chairman of advisory board.
- 2017 - present | Mazars | Partner shareholder Governance, risk, compliance & sustainability.
- As of the end of 2014, I am Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in the Netherlands.
- Previously I have been active on the board of IIA for 5 years (2010 - 2014), the last 3 years as chairman.
- I have also been a member of the Corporate Governance Committee (2006 - 2010).
- Internal Audit Committee (2003 - 2009) of Nivra (NBA).