Strategic Business Planning
Today’s business environment can be challenging for privately owned businesses– being squeezed by disruptive start-ups on one side and large corporate heavyweights on the other. It is important to remain dynamic to compete whilst maintaining business excellence.
Whether you are looking to refine your business operations, improve financial performance or deliver on a strategic objective, business planning supports your business to achieve its goals while optimising its long-term shareholder value.
When can strategic business planning help?
- You're experiencing poor shareholder return
- Your financial performance is poor or stagnant
- You don't have a formal business plan
- The business has misaligned or conflicting objectives
- You're about to embark on a strategic goal, such as:
- A new business venture
- Entering a new market
- Diversifying operations
- Undergoing a merger or acquisition
- Expanding operations and increasing capacity
- Investor or funding pitches
- Exiting the business
At Mazars we have developed a structured approach to strategic business planning which has helped many of our clients achieve their goals. We start by assessing the current state of your business in order to support the direction of the plan and ongoing project management. We do this by benchmarking its performance, defining its core mission and vision for the future, and then formulating strategic objectives and creating financial models.
Our approach to strategic business planning is holistic and focuses on the following areas:
- Business assessment across all major business functions
- Historic financial analysis
- Shareholder and management alignment
- Market positioning and commercial direction analysis
- Market research, industry and competitor analysis
- Defining core objectives and setting measurable outcomes
- Prioritising critical issues and actions
- Financial modelling, scenario analysis and decision support
- Assessing and measuring financial and resource impact
- Forecasting future performance
- Defining owners, timelines and milestones of the plan
- Setting of KPIs and tracking performance
Our strategic planning team is comprised of qualified experts with a wide range of business planning skills. With our ongoing support and advice, we will help you to stay on track so that you can achieve your goals.
If you would like to speak with one of our advisors about creating a strategic plan for your business, please fill out the short form below.
Plus d’infos ?
Mazars' Consulting services helps organisations take control by offering strategic and innovative solutions. With unprecedented levels of disruption and new regulations, we know how important it is to rely on a trusted partner. We help clients navigate through business issues, find opportunities, and most importantly – let you focus on your core business.
At Mazars, our research shows that the day to day challenges of running a business often leaves little time for business owners to focus on the long term objective of growing shareholder value. We believe supporting you to sharpen your focus on the plans and tasks required to improve performance is key to achieving your long term goals.
We have a unique approach to working with our privately owned clients called Optimize that has been developed to support business owners and managers to sharpen and realign their focus on the long term business agenda.