With this report, ecoDa and Mazars have delved into the practices of European listed companies in designing the necessary corporate governance structures, disclosing corporate governance practices, as well as the application of the ‘comply or explain’ (CoE) principle, and the overall impact of corporate governance codes and recommendations on business.
The roundtable gathered an array of experts— from business representatives and regulators, to proxy advisors and institutional investors— for a broad discussion about the role of shareholders, proxy advisors, boards, and regulators in supporting sustainable success in corporate governance.
The roundtable, which was co-chaired by Anthony Carey, Head of Board Practice at Mazars, and Michel de Fabiani, Chairman of the Policy Committee at ecoDa, covered the following topics:
- Is there a consistent legislative approach to corporate governance?
- Are proxy advisors open to Comply or Explain (CoE)?
- Does providing an explanation always reflect good corporate governance?
- How far can we go by just talking about remuneration?
- Pressed for time, how to get companies, investors and proxy advisors talking?
- What can we learn from institutional investors?
- Is corporate governance going through a life crisis?
- What is the board’s role in promoting long-term and sustainable success tomorrow?
For more information, you can download the full report of the ecoDa/Mazars roundtable.