The Good Bank Debate Conference Program Tuesday, October 1, 2013 - New York University
We are delighted to invite you to attend our upcoming Good Bank Debate co-hosted with the New York University School of Law and Center for Financial Institutions. Over the past few months, WeiserMazars, along with Mazars Group and co-sponsors Credit Suisse and SAP, has actively promoted the Good Bank Initiative, an integrated program devised by The Economist Group with the goal of creating a model for an effective, trustworthy and innovative bank.
The world of banking is changing dramatically as a result of the ongoing global financial crisis and heightened regulatory pressures. The main question facing the industry is: what makes a good bank? This debate contributes to global thinking on what makes a socially engaged bank a successful business. Social engagement and profitability are key aspects. Regulation, risk tolerance and economic growth play interconnected roles.
Moderator : Joe Kolman: Managing Editor, Economist Intelligence Unit
- Stephen M. Brecher: Partner, WeiserMazars
- Robert Cohen: Managing Partner, Joranel LLC
- Donald N. Lamson: Partner, Shearman & Sterling
- Geoffrey Parsons Miller: Stuyvesant P. Comfort Law Professor, Director of the Center for Financial Institutions, NYU School of Law
- Mark W. Olson: Co-Chair, Treliant Risk Advisors