Retail and consumer products companies face a number of challenges: intensified competition, strong pressure on margins, commodity price inflation, issues related to global sourcing, reinforcement of brand identity and the implementation of a differentiation strategy while improving the shopping experience and developing a multichannel approach, etc. The players involved are faced with major structural transformation issues. Mazars understands these issues and has gathered a global team of experts in accounting, finance, taxation and consulting with firsthand industry knowledge to help companies handle these challenges while providing added value.
Our record of delivering value to a wide range of clients, from individuals to the world’s largest retailers, is based on deep industry knowledge and advanced technical abilities. Our professionals understand both the key retail and distribution market sectors and our clients’ specific business needs to help them address critical factors affecting their business.
"Mazars has worked with us for three years and over that time has established a strong relationship with the American Apparel management team. The high level of commitment and the service provided by the Mazars team is excellent. They have always been thoroughly professional and they certainly know the sector, which allows them to add real value. With Mazars' full range of skills and advice, we have always had a good experience."
UK Financial Controller, American Apparel
Specific solutions to help retail & consumer products companies reach their goals:
Aligning organizations with new market opportunities
- Financial advisory (capital increase, initial public offering, etc.);
- External growth and strategic partnership assistance and advisory (M&A, due diligence, etc.);
- Financial, legal and tax support for the establishment of subsidiaries in emerging and growing markets, taking local specificities into account;
- Support for safeguarding, structuring, optimizing and documenting transfer prices;
- Assistance for the disposal of non-strategic assets and business restructuring.
Securing Operations | Improving Risk Management
- Assessing the quality of providers and auditing third parties;
- Establishing a legal risk framework;
- Reviewing contractual obligations and monitoring franchisees (compliance, financial reporting, etc.);
- Strengthening control over distribution networks;
- Identifying and preventing fraud risks;
- Defending financial interests in the context of disputes or litigation.
- Working capital requirement (WCR) and cash management optimization;
- Supply chain securitization and optimization;
- Stock control and inventory management improvement;
- Establishment and improvement of commodity and currency hedging strategies;
- Supporting companies’ competitiveness and image through expertise in the areas of environment, safety and social responsibility.
Plus d’infos ?
Across the world, Mazars works with retail companies of every size, from growing private businesses to some of the largest international groups. By combining vast industry knowledge and considerable expertise in a variety of fields, Mazars’ team provides invaluable commercial insight and technical ability. Our approach is always hands-on and collaborative.
Development of a legal risk management framework
One of our clients is a major actor in the retail market. Risk management is crucial to their business, since they are present in numerous countries around the world at the center of the producer/consumer value chain. They already had a structured legal team and a Risk and Compliance Department equipped with tools and indicators.
Assistance for a high-stakes IT project
One of our clients, a group composed of roughly 1,000 legal entities, undertook a project to reorganize its Finance Department using a reliable and effective consolidation tool. The group asked Mazars, which was already advising them on tax matters (fiscal integration, tax documentation, deferred tax reliability), to provide assistance with the migration of their IT system.