Our expertise in luxury
Mazars has extensive expertise within the luxury sector. Our deep industry knowledge and collaborative, hands-on approach allows us to achieve enduring results for our clients. We work alongside leading luxury players to develop and implement practical solutions to address their toughest challenges.
Challenges for a shifting industry
Contrary to the generally bleak European economy, one industry has flourished: luxury goods. Emerging markets play a huge role in the success of this sector, with Asia, the Middle East and Brazil contributing the most. While the industry faces many challenges from internationalisation, multi-channel distribution and brand management, Mazars can help by bringing the right level of detailed consumer insight to drive growth.
We believe four key factors are of prime importance to the sector, including:
- Seizing market opportunities | Enhancing your market presence,
- Preserving and enhancing the value of your brand,
- Securing your operations | Managing your risks,
- Improving your performance.
"All around the world, Mazars has already developed relevant tools and practices in line with the Luxury industries’ needs and expectations"
Our expertise within the luxury industry
We work with a wide range of luxury brands in addressing business challenges, including performance improvement, supply chain management and sourcing strategy. Taking advantage of our deep experience and multidisciplinary expertise, we provide personalised, hands-on services to our clients.
Seizing market opportunities | Enhancing your market presence
- Identify new partnerships and acquisitions as a means of developing your company, product range or international presence;
- Succeed in your development and acquisition projects;
- Establish businesses or extend footprint into emerging and growth markets such as China, India, Russia and Brazil, taking local specificities into account.
Preserving and enhancing the value of your brand
- Estimate the value of your brand in the event of a financial transaction (sale, acquisition, contribution) or to meet accounting requirements (valuation of assets acquired (PPA), impairment testing);
- Estimate the loss in terms of brand image in case of fraudulent use of your brand;
- Support the preservation of your brand’s legacy.
Increasing your performance
- Secure and optimise your supply chain;
- Manage and optimise your transfer pricing policies and procedures;
- Optimise the tax consequences of intragroup transactions;
- Adapt your organisation in order to meet new ethical requirements, monitor and mitigate social and environmental risks: Environment, Health & Safety, Corporate & Social Responsibility, Organisation and Research.
Securing your operations | Managing your risks
- Assess the quality of your service providers;
- Reinforce control over distribution network;
- Implement or reinforce anti-corruption compliance program;
- Improve currency risk management strategies;
- Defend financial interests in the context of disputes or litigations;
- Protect reputation and value creation potential by designing a corporate human rights strategy.
Plus d’infos ?
Proven track record
At Mazars, we combine international business and industry knowledge with unique insights into existing and emerging trends to offer our clients in the luxury industry preeminent services including, audit, financial advisory services, consulting, tax and regulatory and compliance advice.
China: successes and pitfalls
It is undeniable that the People's Republic of China is now a major economic player in the world. As the world's second most important economic power, with a GDP of 8,765 billion and an average annual growth rate of 8%, China is becoming an essential trade partner for the West.
Designing new standards
Our client has 63 stores located in 5 countries, including France, the United Arab Emirates and China. Mazars was asked to design new internal control standards for the entire logistics process and optimise supply chain management for better performance control of physical flows and financial information.
Reorganisation of a luxury group management team
Well established in mature European and North American markets, luxury companies are leaning more and more towards emerging countries (Asia, Middle East, Brazil). The conquest of these new markets is pushing industry players to rethink their organisational structure, adapting their processes and resources to their development strategy.